G3 Eligible Program– Qualifying students may have ZERO costs for tuition, fees, and textbooks.
Learn more at www.jtcc.edu/g3.
PURPOSE: This two-year degree prepares students for jobs in building design and land development. Jobs include surveying drafter, design assistant, and field inspector. This program is offered at our Chester Campus. All career-technical degrees are guided by advisory committees comprised of local business leaders.
CREDENTIALS: An Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree is a major in a career-technical area that takes two years for full-time students to complete.
TRANSFER INFORMATION: Though this program is not designed for transfer, this degree may be transferable to some four-year colleges. Students desiring to transfer should consult their academic advisors and their intended transfer institutions for specific direction in program and course selection. More information can also be found at www.jtcc.edu/academics/transfer/
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. Students may need to complete placement tests in English and mathematics. Visit www.jtcc.edu/placement for all course placement options. If students have deficiencies in English and/or mathematics, JTCC offers developmental courses to prepare students for the curriculum. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES: By the completion of this program, students will be expected to demonstrate an intermediate level of competency in the following skills:
- Demonstrate knowledge of theories and principles of architectural design.
- Compose a set of accurate working drawings with computer-aided software.
- Use terminology specific to engineering practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the application of construction materials and methods.
- Demonstrate knowledge in navigating building codes and ordinances.
- Apply proficiency in multiple computer-aided drafing software programs.