PURPOSE: This two-year degree prepares students to transfer to a four-year college and major in business administration. Other possible majors include accounting, economics, finance, marketing or management.
CREDENTIALS: An Associate of Science degree is a major related to an area such as business administration, engineering, science, and social sciences that takes 2 years for full time students to complete. Students receiving an AS degree intend to transfer to four-year colleges.
TRANSFER: This program is designed for transfer. Students should consult with their advisors to ensure that they select general electives that best prepare them for the specific requirements of their intended transfer college or university programs of study. More information can also be found at www.jtcc.edu/academics/transfer/
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. Students may need to complete placement tests in English and mathematics. Visit www.jtcc.edu/placement for all course placement options. If students have deficiencies in English and/or mathematics, JTCC offers developmental and prerequisite courses to prepare students for the curriculum. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES: By the completion of this program, students will be expected to demonstrate an intermediate level of competency in the following skills:
- Research and evaluate a company’s business practices.
- Demonstrate college-level written communication skills relevant to the business discipline.
- Analyze a financial statement, using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Evaluate how market forces influence business and business practices.
- Recognize and apply basic economic principles related to macroeconomic and microeconomic theories