With prior approval of the Office of Student Activities, any student or non-student may distribute non-commercial printed materials (for example, brochures, pamphlets, newspapers, tabloids, flyers, or petitions) on College property as noted below:
- The distribution may be conducted with prior approval in any appropriate campus area except for the following: classrooms, laboratories, restrooms, libraries, administrative and academic offices, doorways, and parking lots.
- The distribution must be conducted with regard to all student conduct regulations contained in the JTCC Student Handbook.
- Any material remaining after the distribution must be properly discarded.
Commercial Distribution and Solicitation
Solicitation shall be defined as the sale of anything or the solicitation of donations for any purpose.
- No solicitation is permitted except within or through the sponsorship of a campus organization and with the approval of the Office of Student Activities.
- No commercial distribution is permitted except within or through the sponsorship of a campus organization and with the approval of the Vice President of Administration. All requests for commercial distribution must be reviewed in light of existing contracts. Approval will be subject to regulation as to time, place, and manner to assure non-interference with operations of the College.
- Approved solicitation may be conducted in any area except the following: classrooms, laboratories, restrooms, libraries, administrative and academic offices, doorways, and parking lots.
- Approved solicitation must be conducted with regard to all student regulations contained in the current JTCC Student Handbook.
Posting of Printed Materials
Posting of printed materials by students and non-student groups will follow established College procedures. Approval for posting is granted only by the Office of Student Activities. The Office of Student Activities may require that materials printed in a foreign language be presented in an English translation prior to approval for posting.
College Jurisdiction over Distribution and Solicitation
- College jurisdiction extends to the property boundaries of the College. Jurisdiction also includes all property owned, leased, controlled, used or occupied by the College except where the College may be bound by legal restrictions which may be contrary to these regulations.
- Failure to adhere to these regulations may lead to loss of distribution privileges.
- Hearings regarding alleged infractions of these regulations will be held by the Dean of Students.
- Decisions will be made within five (5) business days on requests to distribute and/or solicit on campus. Decisions will be based on College policy and possible interference with operations of the College resulting from such decisions.