PURPOSE: This program is designed for students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges or universities and seek bachelor’s degrees in fields such as accounting, business management, international business, economics, marketing, finance or related fields.
By the completion of this program, students will be expected to demonstrate an intermediate level of competency in the following skills:
- Research and evaluate a company’s business practices.
- Demonstrate college-level written communication skills relevant to the business discipline.
- Analyze a financial statement, using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Evaluate how market forces influence business and business practices.
- Recognize and apply basic economic principles related to macroeconomic theories.
- Recognize and apply basic economic principles related to microeconomic theories.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. Students may need to complete placement tests in English and mathematics. Visit www.jtcc.edu/placement for all course placement options. If students have deficiencies in English and/or mathematics, JTCC offers developmental and prerequisite courses to prepare students for the curriculum. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
Text in italics and parentheses indicates approved course substitutions. Pre-requisite and co-requisite requirements can be found in course details.