PURPOSE: For students who intend to pursue careers in photography. Program coursework provides a foundation for the fine and applied arts and allows students to learn techniques specific to photography. Students are required to prepare portfolios of their work.
By the completion of this program, students will be expected to demonstrate an intermediate level of competency in the following skills:
- Critically evaluate personal studio art projects and those of other students, applying the process of critique.
- Write a professional resume, cover letter, and artist statement introducing themselves, their art, and their artistic philosophies.
- Gauge measurements of linear perspective and proportion, in relation to drawing.
- Produce a body of photographic artwork utilizing photo processing and editing software.
- Execute a body of photographic artwork utilizing various lighting and photographic equipment.
- Assemble a digital portfolio.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. Students may need to complete placement tests in English and mathematics. Visit www.jtcc.edu/placement for all course placement options. If students have deficiencies in English and/or mathematics, JTCC offers developmental and prerequisite courses to prepare students for the curriculum. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
Text in italics and parentheses indicates approved course substitutions. Pre-requisite and co-requisite requirements can be found in course details.