All students are assigned a Virginia Community College System (VCCS) e-mail address when they enroll in a class at the College. This e-mail address is the primary e-mail address the College will use for communication with students. Students can access their VCCS student e-mail in their myTyler account once they are enrolled in a class. Students should check their student e-mail regularly for financial aid updates, class information from instructors, reminders about College deadlines and dates, closing and delay notifications, notes from faculty advisors, details on student activities, and many other important messages.
Tap into the Tyler community by connecting with the College on social media. These spaces exist to digitally connect students, faculty and staff, and the community to one another and to Tyler. They tell the Tyler story one post, photo, or video at a time.
The Student Activities Office (www.jtcc.edu/studentactivities) provides a variety of educational, cultural, and social experiences for students, faculty, staff and members of the Tyler community. Student activities and organizations are open to all interested students. Students may seek leadership opportunities in Tyler’s Student Government Association. Students who are interested in participating in any aspect of the student activities program or who wish additional information on events and organizations should e-mail email@example.com.
- Social and Cultural Programs: The Student Activities Office sponsors movie nights, volunteer projects, intermural sports, guest speakers, sports viewing parties, cardio/fitness classes, game nights and more.
- Clubs and Organizations: John Tyler Community College offers a diverse selection of student clubs and organizations, and it encourages the formation of new student groups. The College currently recognized more than 35 student clubs and organizations.
To see Tyler’s current clubs and organizations click here
If you’re interested in starting a student club click here
- Honorary Organizations: Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society Tau Rho (Chester) , Beta Omicron Omicron (Midlothian)
- Intramurals: Basketball, Soccer, and flag football. To register visit www.jtcc.edu/studentactivities.
- Government: The Student Government Association (SGA) of John Tyler Community College was formed to encourage an active role in college life and activities. SGA provides each student with a voice in student affairs. For more information on our SGA click here.
- Fitness Centers: Students may use the fitness center during scheduled hours. Students must complete a waiver in order to use the facilities and sign-in each time before using the facilities. Fitness centers are located on both campuses at:
Chester Campus: Nicholas Student Center, N101
Midlothian Campus: T-Building, T105
- Student Ambassador Program: Tyler’s Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for Tyler students who are dedicated to serving and representing John Tyler Community College. Student Ambassadors give campus tours, assist prospective and new students, and support various campus events including Open House and New Student Orientation. More information about the program can be found here - https://www.jtcc.edu/services/student-activities/ambassadors.
- Study Abroad: John Tyler Community College has a multifaceted international education program aimed at developing global awareness and global learners through international travel presentations and study-abroad opportunities for faculty, staff, and students. These substantive learning opportunities prepare students for possible international employment, international study, and personal enrichment.
- Safe Zone Allies: The JTCC Safe Zone program supports the College’s vision for a success story for every student, by recruiting, educating and supporting faculty, staff, and students to become allies to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community. Allies learn about LGBTQ issues to promote a safe and supportive environment for people who self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer. By working together members of the LGBTQ community and allies can inspire a spirit of inclusion for all.